Happy new year again! I can't believe 2012 is over already. It went by so quickly. People keep talking about their resolutions for the new year but I don't think I've ever made a real new year's resolution. There are a few things I'd like to work on in 2013 though. I won't call them resolutions though, just "things".
- Re-start and finish the Couch to 5K program. I got really busy near finals and kept skipping days, so I'll try it again when I get back to school next week. I really need to start doing some sort of physical activity so I don't become one entity with the couch and die from blood clots.
- Be more social. Even if I'm tired all the time and have ten billion things to do for grad school, I need to get out more or have people over more often. I find that I always come away happy when I get to hang out with people, so I should make more of an effort to do so.
- Redesign the blog. I hate my header. This needs to be fixed this week.
- Make a specific time during the week to read other blogs and comment on them. I'm so behind it's overwhelming and I hate that feeling.
- Come home more often.
- Procrastinate less. Who am I kidding? This won't happen.
- Watch more movies, read more books, finish more TV series, listen to more music.
- Don't let the stupidity of mankind affect my mood as much as it currently does.
- Keep on keepin' on in graduate school. That includes finding some sort of internship situation.
- Do more of the things I pin on Pinterest. Which means, try more recipes and do more crafty things.
So I guess the main goal of 2013 is to acquire a time turner so I can have time to do more things.
Now it's time to reflect on some 2012 favorites:
Favorite Books Read: Bossypants - Tina Fey, Little Women - Louisa May Alcott, Never Let Me Go - Kazuo Ishiguro, Snow Flower and the Secret Fan - Lisa See, The Year of Living Biblically: One Man's Humble Quest to Follow the Bible as Literally as Possible - A.J. Jacobs, The Princess Bride - William Goldman, Love is a Mixtape - Rob Sheffield
TV Series Finished/Caught Up On: The Walking Dead, Caprica, Arrested Development, Freaks and Geeks, The Dead Zone, Big Love
TV Series Started / In the Middle of Watching: The X-Files, Star Trek: The Next Generation, The Twilight Zone, Breaking Bad, American Horror Story, Mad Men, The Big C, One Upon a Time, Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Favorite 2012 Movies Seen: The Amazing Spider-Man, The Hunger Games, Brave, The Dark Knight Rises. (Clearly I need to catch up on a lot of movies from this year.)
Favorite Not-as-new Movies Seen: Gnomeo & Juliet, Midnight in Paris, Beginners, Crazy Stupid Love, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, The Help. (There are probably more, but who can remember everything?)
Favorite Blogs I (Think I) Started Reading in 2012: Avant Blargh, Emily Divine, Freckled Italian, Green Grass Black Clouds, High Socks, It's Not Her It's Me, Lost in the Haze, Mermaidens, Night Lights, Of Corgis & Cocktails, Rachel the Hat, Seeking Style, Sidewalk Chic, Skunkboy Blog, Syl and Sam, The Pineneedle Collective, Two Happy Hearts, Vixen Vintage, Blog About Beer, Alexandra's Kitchen, Sprinkle Bakes, Makeup Geek, 87 Days Before, Vampy Varnish, xSparkage, Blue Sky Disney, The Nail Network, Secondhand Sundays, Brighter Sides, Well Begun is Half Done, Paper Crowns, Geeks of Doom
Most Listened-to CDs This Year: Walk The Moon - Walk The Moon, Smith Westerns - Dye It Blond, The School - Loveless Believer, Rah Rah - Going Steady and Breaking Hearts, Queen - A Night at the Opera, Pink Mountaintops - Outside Love, Pat Benatar - In the Heat of the Night, Oh Land - Oh Land, Meatloaf - Bat Out of Hell, Lana Del Rey - Born to Die, Joel Plaskett Emergency - Ashtray Rock, Immaculate Machine - Fables, Hannah Georgas - This is Good, Elvis Costello - Armed Forces, Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros - From Below, The Distillers - Coral Fang, Delta Spirit - Delta Spirit, Dan Mangan - Oh Fortune, Bright Eyes - The People's Key, Best Coast - Crazy for You, Alabama Shakes - Boys & Girls, A.C. Newman - Shut Down the Streets
I'm sure these lists were fascinating! I plan on absorbing as much music, TV, and film as can possibly fit in 2013 between all the things I have to make time for. If you have any recommendations for the new year, go ahead and let me know!