It's Friday! I swear this summer is flying by. This is something I wore on a day of thrifting and hanging around town. I found a tropical print dress and a few sweaters (that'll have to wait a few months to be worn). I would say it was a successful thrifting trip!
I've worn a variation of this outfit probably four times already. It's weird but I always get positive comments on it. I guess it's just one of those crowd pleasing outfits! I certainly like it.
skirt: target | shoes: mossimo - target | top: forever 21 | sunglasses: delia's | earrings: forever 21 | bracelet: vintage
And...here's a wonderful action shot of me running across the driveway. I'm almost like an athlete.
Since I was nominated to do this little question thing Liebster Blog Award by Emma from Squirrel and Walrus, I figured I'd go ahead and do it now. I know you're all just dying to read more about me. I actually turned to my sister a minute ago and complained that there weren't 11 things about myself that I could think of so this should be interesting.
11 Things About Me
1. I've lived in Georgia for 12 years but I never picked up a southern accent. Georgia people always ask me where I'm from.
2. I think the art of animation is so so cool. I look forward to upcoming animated films and love the crap out of my 90s classics. Almost every one I watched as a kid I have on DVD.
3. I sadly never hit 5'0".
4. I've been with my boyfriend Matt for 6 1/2 years. (Ever since I asked him to homecoming senior year.)
5. My collection of sunglasses is verging on ridiculous.
6. I really miss being in musicals.
7. I don't really know what I want to do with my life. I like too many things and am indecisive.
8. I'll try pretty much any food or drink and generally like everything.
9. I lived in Virginia all through grade school and still miss the mountains and the mild climate.
10. I've played the trumpet for 12 years but my band days are sadly over.
11. I beat all the other kids in the pull-up test in gym in middle school. My record is 12.
Questions by Emma
1. What is your number one travel destination?
It's hard to choose because I want to see so many places. I'd like to see the shores of Ireland, go to Japan, and/or visit Hawaii.
2. What's the best book you've read recently?
This year I liked Divergent and Insurgent and Warm Bodies as fun easy reads. Best overall within the past couple of years would have to be The Book Thief.
3. What's your favorite season?
4. Do you have an item of clothing that has a special memory attached to it? What is it?
I guess the dresses I wore to various dances in high school and my theatre costumes have good high school memories attached to them.
5. What's the most recent thing you bought?
I thrifted a dress, two sweaters, a cardigan, two scarves, two books, and a belt at the same time.
6. Do you have any pets?
7. What's your favorite breakfast food?
8. What's your secret talent?
Completing full research papers in one night while fighting off the all-nighter caffeine paranoia that sets in.
9. Do you speak any foreign languages?
Just a tiny bit of spanish. Definitely not conversational at all.
10. What's your favorite flower?
Roses of course!
Pass It Along
And now I'll pass this to Amy from A. Loo's Closet, Alyssa from Butterflies on Mars, Kristina from Eccentric Owl, Jenna from Smitten, and anyone reading this who hasn't done this yet!
1. What is the best book you had to read in school?
2. What was the first album you ever bought?
3. Have you ever broken any bones?
4. Are there any celebrities you embarrassingly like?
5. Would you rather be too hot or too cold?
6. Coffee or tea?
7. Would you rather never be able to wear makeup again OR only wear a track suit forever?
8. What were your favorite TV shows growing up?
9. Would you rather time travel to meet your ancestors OR time travel to meet your great great grandchildren?
10. Did you ever wish you had an identical twin?
11. If you could only have one type of food for the rest of your life, what would it be?